Thursday, January 2, 2014

Have a boring sofa?

I love adding color and print to any space especially the living room. Today I decided to share some different ways to dress up your sofa. Some of you might have your matching pillows you bought with your sofa or if you're like me a hand me down. Either way both sofas are in desperate need of a face lift. When I got married I had some sofas sold to us for $50 and jumped at the opportunity. They weren't my first or even my last choice lol but they would do for the time being.

   Look at this sad, boring, plain brown fabric.

So I turned to the place where I get all my inspiration...HGTV. I started filling my head with ideas and began putting them together. I decided to go with light blue, yellow and green for my living room colors and try to brighten up my sad sofas. Now to find some pillows and throw blankets! On one of my many trips to Ross I came across some awesome pillows on clearance and knew right away that I needed them. I was a bit hesitant to buy them at first because the total cost of the pillows and blankets were going to cost more then the sofas!!! I thought,  "I can make these for less!" But there was one problem, I didn't have a sewing machine at the time so I decided to just make the investment and purchase them. Haha "Investment," my husbands favorite word.

 I had already bought an awesome chevron pattern rug at Rugs USA and new that I didn't want to repeat that pattern. You see when picking out accent pillows and throws try to find different patterns and colors that all go together and aren't too "matchy matchy." Just have fun with it. All the blue colors I bought aren't the same but they all match. Texture is very trendy and modern right now so the faux fur and round pillows I found were perfect. If you already have pillows a less expensive way is to make pillow covers, that way you can choose what fabric you want. Here are a couple of tutorials: 5 Minute Pillow Cover & The easiest pillow cover ever (if you don't have a sewing machine or don't know how to sew.)



Here are some of my inspirations pictures I found on HGTV.
HGTV
HGTV

HGTV
HGTV

Don't be afraid to completely copy someone's design if you feel like you wouldn't be able to pull off your own. Here are some links for pillows that you can buy for your sofa. 


Target
Walmart
 

BulandsBathBoutique
ThatsMyPillow
And now for my sofa:) I arranged the pillows several ways for different options and also to accommodate for how many pillows you may have. I try to change it up every once in a while to have a new look. 



 





Hope this post helped, if you have any ideas or questions post in the comments below. 
Thanks for stopping by:)
    




post signature




2 comments:

  1. Also your husband looks extremely handsome. You are a very lucky person to be married to such a hunk of a man!

    ReplyDelete