Friday, January 3, 2014

Hair Bow Hairstyle Tutorial

Hey guys! Today I wanted to show you one of my favorite "bun" options, a hair bow.


I first saw this style on Lady Gaga and thought that it was a hair piece. Later I realized how easy it can be done and how cute it is. The tutorial I made is for short and long hair and has cute "hair ribbons" on the back. 

I've seen this hair style used by children, teenagers and even adults. I love to try new things and having fun with my hair so go ahead and try it. It will make you feel girly:)
 (note: I have curly hair and had to straighten it for this hairstyle. I tried doing it with my natural hair but the bow wasn't defined and I didn't like how it looked. Your hair doesn't have to be completely straight, just enough that the bow part is well defined.)  
OK so lets get started.
 
Items you will need:
Curling iron/Wand
Hair tie (small one if doing it for short hair)
Bobby pins (about 5)
Hair spray
Brush/Comb

Hair bow tutorial hairstyle for short and long hair 
Short Hair Tutorial Breakdown
  • First part you hair in a half pony tail
  • Next wrap your hair once with small hair tie
  • Then one more time leaving a small loop and keeping the hair tie in your fingers
  • Now bring around the rest of your hair and twist your hair tie
  • Next make another loop and let go of the hair tie (you should now see two loops) 
    • The rest of your hair should be facing forward
  • Now grab the the remanding hair and pick it straight up and then back in between the two loops of your bow and pin down with one bobby pin
  • Next spread one loop up to expand the piece and place a bobby pin on the back part of the bow
    • Repeat with the other loop
  • If your loops aren't staying up spread them out and apply hair spray
          



Long Hair Tutorial Breakdown

  • First tie hair on a high pony tail leaving one last wrap of your hair tie
  • Next thread hair through the rest of your hair tie forming a bun and have the rest of your hair facing forward

  • Now split bun in half creating two hair loops ( This will be the size of you bow)
  • Next split the remaining hair in half and curl each piece 


  • Once hair is curled, bring both ends back together and gently pull up and straight back between hair loops and bobby pin down


  • Next spread one loop up to expand the piece and place a bobby pin on the back part of the bow

    • Repeat with other loop
  • Next pin down the bottom parts of the bow
  • If your loops aren't staying up spread them out and apply hair spray


And you're done:)


Here are couple of behind the scene pictures.





Let me know if this tutorial helps and tag me on Facebook and Instagram with your hair bows:)
Thanks for stopping by:)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment